Hawthorn School District 73
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Office of the Superintendent
- Hawthorn PTO
- Aspen Elementary
- Elementary North
- Elementary South
- Middle North
- Middle South
- Townline Elementary
- Hawthorn School of Dual Language
- Hawthorn Early Learning
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute
- Community Notes
- District Address / Directions
- School Report Cards
- Hawthorn Strategic Plan
Most Popular News
Latest News and Info
- Strategic Plan Project
For information, check the web article, Hawthorn Joins with Center for Educational Change to Develop Strategic Plan as well as the group’s Wiki site.
- Aspen Enrollment Counter
Based on the recommendation of the AYP Committee, the Board of Education has asked administration to keep the community informed of Aspen Elementary’s projected enrollment figures and class size averages. These numbers will be updated weekly.
Please Visit Community Notes. You’ll find information about parent meetings, day-off children’s activities, sports camps, Park District events, winter book clubs and more.
Most Hawthorn meetings begin at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Townline/Dual Language 5th Gr. Eagle Chorus Holiday Production – December 10
- Aspen/Elementary South Orchestra Concert at Aspen – December 12
- Strategic Plan Group Meeting – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Townline – December 14
- Hawthorn Spirit Invitational – 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Hawthorn Middle South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills – Sunday, December 15
- PTO Market Day Pick Up at Middle North – 3 to 5 p.m. – December 19
- Board of Education Meeting – 7:30 a.m. at District Office (Friday morning meeting due to Winter Break) – Friday, December 20
- NO SCHOOL FOR WINTER BREAK (D73 offices closed) – Monday, December 23 through Friday, January 3
- School Resumes – Monday, January 6
- PTO Board Meeting – January 8
- Middle North/Middle South Late Winter Athletic Parent Meeting – 6 p.m. – January 9
- Middle North/Middle South Early Winter Athletic Awards – 7 p.m. – January 9
- Strategic Plan Group Meeting – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Townline – January 11
- Carmel Catholic High School Entrance Exam – 8 a.m. to noon at Carmel HS – January 11
- Board of Education Meeting – 7 p.m. at District Office – January 13
- Middle North/Townline/Dual Language Choral Concert at Middle North – January 14
- Elementary North/Townline/Dual Language Orchestra Concert at Townline – January 16
- Aspen/Elementary South Band Concert at Aspen – January 16
- NO SCHOOL FOR MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY – Monday, January 21
- VHHS 8th Grade Orientation at VHHS – 6 or 6:30 p.m. start – January 21
- Elementary North Band Concert – January 22
- Middle South Orchestra Concert – January 22
- Townline/Dual Language Band Concert – January 23
- Middle South Orchestra Performs in Peoria – January 24
A more complete online calendar is always available from a link at the top of this webpage. You may download the 2013-14 general holiday calendar as well as the full 2013-14 calendar, which is also available in Spanish. Please check back for schedule changes.
Handbooks, medical forms, downloadable calendars, district data and other resources are available on the Forms & Documents webpage.
Stay up-to-date on community events, announcements and opportunities by visiting the Community Notes webpages
In Other News
Parents of children who will attend Hawthorn kindergarten next fall are encouraged to attend the Hawthorn Kindergarten Parent Information Meeting on Thursday, January 30 beginning at 7 p.m. at Hawthorn Middle South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. The meeting will cover such topics as the enrollment process, school placement, curriculum and services. School tours are planned for the first week in February. Walk-in registration is expected to open on Monday, February 10. Children who turn 5 before September 1, 2014 are eligible for public school kindergarten in Illinois. Information is also available on the meeting poster as well as on the registration website, www.hawthorn73.org/registration.