Hawthorn School District 73
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Office of the Superintendent
- Hawthorn PTO
- Support our Schools
- Aspen Elementary
- Elementary North
- Elementary South
- Middle North
- Middle South
- Townline Elementary
- Hawthorn School of Dual Language
- Hawthorn Pre K Program
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute
- Community Notes
- District Address / Directions
- School Report Cards
Most Popular News
Latest News and Info
- Application: Hawthorn Reorganization Committee
The Superintendent is looking for volunteers to serve on the Hawthorn School Reorganization Committee. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the online application by June 10. More information is available in the AYP/School Choice Update web article.
- Have You Registered for Next Year? Online Past Due
Registration SnapCodes were mailed to all current students on April 15. Parents were asked to use the SnapCodes to go online to complete student registration by May 6. If you have not yet registered online, please do so right away. Students entering grades 3 and 6 must also complete Residency Verification. If you have requested a transfer to a different Hawthorn school for next year, you must complete online registration for your current school to remain enrolled. Transfers will be logged into the system after registration closes. Students not registered by July 1 will be dropped. More information is at www.hawthorn73.org/registration.
- Aspen Enrollment Counter
Based on the recommendation of the AYP Committee, the Board of Education has asked administration to keep the community informed of Aspen Elementary’s projected enrollment figures and class size averages. These numbers will be updated weekly.
- Summer Program Registration Information
The course catalog and online registration site for Hawthorn Enrichment Institute 2013 is now open! You can also sign up for Hawthorn Band/Orchestra Camp. For all summer programs, visit http://www.hawthorn73.org/summerprograms for details!
Please Visit Community Notes. You’ll find information about parent meetings, day-off children’s activities, sports camps, Park District events, winter book clubs and more.
Most Hawthorn meetings begin at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- Middle North/Middle South Spring Athletic Awards – 6 p.m. (not 7 p.m.) – May 23
- NO SCHOOL FOR TEACHER INSERVICE – Friday, May 24
- Board of Education Meeting (Friday morning meeting, due to holiday) – 7:30 a.m. at District Office – May 24
- Hawthorn Service Awards/Retirement Luncheon – May 24
- NO SCHOOL FOR MEMORIAL DAY – Monday, May 27
- Speaking in Tongues Documentary/Discussion, co-sponsored by Hawthorn – at Aspen Drive Library – 6:30 p.m. – May 28
- Middle North/Middle South 8th Grade Awards (by invitation) – May 29
- PTO Market Day – 3 to 5 p.m. at Middle North – May 30
- Elementary North/Townline/Dual Orchestra Concert – at Townline – May 30
- Townline/Dual Language Family Night – 6:30 p.m. – May 31
- 8th Grade Dances at Middle North and Middle South – May 31
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremonies at VHHS – MN at 6 p.m.; MS at 8 p.m. – June 4
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for Grades K through 7 – Full Day – Monday, June 10
Handbooks, medical forms, downloadable calendars, district data and other resources are available on the Forms & Documents webpage.
Stay up-to-date on community events, announcements and opportunities by visiting the Community Notes webpages