The Hawthorn School District 73 Board of Education approved a five year Strategic Plan.
The plan outlines strategies or actions that will most likely improve performance and lead to long-term goal attainment. The Board approved seven high-level change strategies:
- Implementing a communications plan.
- Implementing a plan that identifies the facilities and resources required to provide an equitable distribution of those resources across the district.
- Implement a District Leadership Team to monitor and support the implementation of the Strategic Plan. Provide support for multilingual opportunities and world language appreciation.
- Provide support for multilingual opportunities and world language appreciation through the implementation of K-8 programs.
- Focus professional development resources toward Professional Learning Community and curriculum training/implementation.
- Identify and implement common commitments and set expectations to ensure equitable access to high quality programs for all district students.
- Expand early intervention opportunities such as full day kindergarten.
The Board has already directed a Reorganization Committee, consisting of parents, staff and community members, to begin studying Actions 2, 6 and 7. Read more about the work of the reorganization committee here.Strategic Plan Document En Espanol