Hawthorn School District 73 in Vernon Hills, Illinois is searching for an experienced Director of Teaching and Learning starting on August 1, 2018. Hawthorn is a preschool through eighth grade district serving approximately 4,200 students. The Vacancy Announcement and Application details may be found at: www.bwpassociates.com.
June 11, 2018
RE: Fertilizer and Weed Control Application
Dear Hawthorn Family:
This letter is to inform you that a Hawthorn contractor is scheduled to apply a lawn treatment (fertilizer) to our district lawns on June 15, 2018. Areas will be posted, and people are encouraged to stay off of the areas for two hours after the application.
Hawthorn takes great care to ensure that we maintain the safest environment possible for our students and the entire community. Projects such as fertilizer application are scheduled during times when students are not present and school is not in session. Whenever possible, we use environmentally friendly “green” products.
Hawthorn School District #73 Facilities Manager | 847-990-4475
A Closed Committee of the Whole meeting will take place on Monday, June 18, at 6:00 p.m. at the District Office.
A Closed Committee of the Whole meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 13, at 6:00 p.m. at the District Office.
Jeremy Gong, President of the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation, presented inaugural gifts to Hawthorn schools on June 4. The gifts included:
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Elementary South
- A Robotics Kit for Elementary North
- A Robotics Kit for the School of Dual Language
- STEM Kits for Townline Elementary
- STEM Kits for Aspen Elementary
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Middle School North
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Middle School South
- STEM Kits for the Early Learning Center at Lincoln
To determine the gifts, the Foundation had previously sent out a survey to parents and teachers to learn what gifts would be of most value to the schools. The Foundation was recently established to raise private sector funds to support the goals of the District’s Strategic Plan.
Hawthorn Community Consolidated School District 73 in Vernon Hills, Illinois is searching for an experienced elementary principal for Townline Elementary, K-5, starting on July 1, 2018. The Vacancy Announcement and Application details may be found at: bwpassociates.com
A Closed Committee of the Whole session has been scheduled for Friday, June 8, at 5 p.m. It will take place at the District Office, 841 West End Court in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The Special Session of the Board Education scheduled for June 6 at 7:00 a.m. has been canceled.
A special session of the Board of Education with take place at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6. The meeting will take place at the District Office, 841 West End Court in Vernon Hills.
- Highlights of the June 11 Board of Education MeetingJune 14, 2018 - 10:45 am
- Hawthorn School District 73 Seeks Director of Teaching and LearningJune 12, 2018 - 8:45 am
- Fertilizer and Weed Control ApplicationJune 11, 2018 - 10:29 am
- Closed Committee of the Whole Meeting, June 18June 11, 2018 - 9:00 am
- Closed Committee of the Whole Meeting, June 13June 11, 2018 - 8:56 am