Featured stories for the homepage banner.
Hawthorn District 73 will hold its annual, district-wide residency event on August 1, 2 and 6 at Middle School North, 201 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
At least one parent/guardian from all District 73 families must prove that they reside in the district each school year. Below is the schedule:
- Wednesday, August 1, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 6, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parents with children in kindergarten do not need to attend the event, but if they have older children in the district, they will need to attend.
New Families to District 73 – your child’s school information packet will be mailed out to you on August 9, 2018.
ACCEPTED DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Three documents are required to verify residency. * To expedite the registration verification process, District 73 parents/guardians must bring originals and copies of the required documents. Parents or guardians must bring proof of residency within Hawthorn School District 73 by providing one document from each category listed below:
- Photo Identification
Category II Proof of Occupation of Residency in District 73 (one document required)
- Homeowners: Provide current monthly mortgage statement (or recent closing papers) with parent/legal guardian’s name and address or most recent property tax bill.
- Renters: Provide properly executed lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name and address listed as renter, and signature page including name, address and telephone number of landlord for verification.
- Those living with others: Provide a notarized Residency Attestation form for the District 73 resident/landlord explaining the living arrangement as well as all residency documentation of the resident/landlord.
Category III Additional Document Showing Name and Address (one document required)
- Current utility bill (within the last billing cycle, typically 60 days), such as water, electric, gas, telephone, or cable bill
- Current homeowners or renter insurance policy statement
- Vehicle registration
- Voter Registration Card
During the event, parents will be given their child’s teacher assignment and bus information. Parents also will have the opportunity to pay fees, sign up for the Hawthorn PTO, buy gym uniforms, and complete free or reduced lunch application.
Nurses will collect health forms or verification of immunizations and physicals.
*The district expects all children to be up to date on their immunizations by August 22, the first day of school.
All parents/guardians of middle school students must pick up Chromebooks for sixth through eighth grade students at this event. Families need to claim their Chromebooks, sign for them and charge batteries before the beginning of the school year.
For more information, please call 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280 or visit the website: www.Hawthorn73.org.
Save the date for the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation’s first fundraising event.
Jeremy Gong, President of the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation, presented inaugural gifts to Hawthorn schools on June 4. The gifts included:
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Elementary South
- A Robotics Kit for Elementary North
- A Robotics Kit for the School of Dual Language
- STEM Kits for Townline Elementary
- STEM Kits for Aspen Elementary
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Middle School North
- A Breakout Escape Room Kit for Middle School South
- STEM Kits for the Early Learning Center at Lincoln
To determine the gifts, the Foundation had previously sent out a survey to parents and teachers to learn what gifts would be of most value to the schools. The Foundation was recently established to raise private sector funds to support the goals of the District’s Strategic Plan.
Students in the Aspen and Elementary South orchestras know that practice makes perfect. You can see their dedication and concentration as they rehearse.
Due to the positive response, the school district and library plan to hold these screenings several times per year. A possible future venue is Hawthorn’s Residency Event in August. For more information, call: 847-990-4513.
- Music Camp Starts Off on a High NoteJuly 16, 2018 - 11:40 am
- District-wide Residency Event is August 1, 2 and 6July 13, 2018 - 8:57 am
- District Office Will Be Closed on August 1July 12, 2018 - 3:57 pm
- The Creative Spirit is at Work at HEIJuly 12, 2018 - 11:21 am
- Highlights of the July 9 Board of Education MeetingJuly 12, 2018 - 7:59 am