Curriculum Department at Hawthorn School District 73.
Handbook of Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction
We believe in partnering with our parents and families in order to ensure our students’ success. Please take a moment to download or browse through the Instructional Handbook for Parents. It is designed to answer any question that a parent may have about their child’s education at Hawthorn. If there is something that you cannot find in the book, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We revise this handbook on a yearly basis and look forward to incorporating your feedback. Please refer to the Handbook for an Assessment map for this school year.
Lisa Leali, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
Learning at Hawthorn
Hawthorn School District 73 is committed to bringing to our families the highest quality education that will provide the foundation our students need in order to become successful citizens of the 21st century. The Hawthorn schools strive to meet the needs of each of our students, capitalizing on their strengths and utilizing a wide range of resources to provide support for any challenges they encounter. Our fast-paced, ever changing society provides an exciting backdrop for our learning, and using current tools and resources, our teachers make their classrooms and the curriculum relevant to our students’ lives.
Teaching & Learning Mission
The Teaching and Learning department of Hawthorn is committed to the achievement of academic excellence for all of our students through:
- Providing teachers with professional development in the study and implementation of a world class curriculum focused on developing the whole child through the most effective instructional practices
- Offering guidance for teachers in the development and implementation of assessments for and of learning, and
- Partnering with our community to offer opportunities to all of our students which will promote their development as positive participants and innovators in the 21st century.
We are grateful to the Hawthorn Board of Education for its continued support in our ongoing endeavor to align and improve our curriculum and programs. We encourage you to visit this website often. You are welcome to provide comments and feedback here, as well.
We are excited about the journey of bringing the best in curriculum, instruction, and assessment to our students. We are well on our way to realizing our goal to “Inspire all students to embrace learning in an ever-changing world.”
For specific resources, including student learning sites, look to the section links in the upper right corner of this web page.
- Regular and Closed BOE Sessions Scheduled for Nov. 27November 21, 2017 - 10:32 am
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment InstituteNovember 16, 2017 - 10:36 am
- Highlights of the November 13 Board of Education MeetingNovember 16, 2017 - 8:52 am
- School Board Member Day is November 15November 15, 2017 - 4:00 pm
- Hawthorn Observes American Education WeekNovember 15, 2017 - 9:38 am
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play promotion pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Residency Safety school schoolboard school board Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather