The vision of Hawthorn FACES is to promote student achievement through collaboration between home, school and the community.
Make a Difference
Welcome to the Hawthorn District 73 FACES program. If you enjoy working with students in a school setting, Hawthorn District 73 provides many opportunities to become involved. The needs are great and the possibilities are almost endless.
For most positions, there is no experience necessary and no special skills are required. We welcome any volunteers who have special skills and talents who can contribute to the FACES program. In some cases, training will be provided if needed.
The first step you need to take is to complete a volunteer interest form. Following the completion of your interest form, you will be contacted about volunteer opportunities. Staff members at each school will offer support and make your time a valuable experience.
Each Hawthorn District 73 volunteer fosters success for every student in the school.
Being a volunteer or mentor is mutually beneficial for all. There are a variety of reasons why people volunteer but the primary motivation is helping others. It’s also true that volunteers benefit from giving of themselves during volunteer work. Think of volunteer work as collaboration that supports the progress of learning, social development and emotional connectedness.
Volunteering in a school setting gives people an opportunity to build bridges between home, school and the community in a variety of meaningful ways:
Here are some specific ways you can help
- Reading with students
- Sharing knowledge and skills
- Supporting social and emotional development
- Connecting with students of all ages Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Creating new experiences
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Small group reading
- Reading to a class
- Small group math
- Teacher preparation
- Recess/Lunch assistance
- Science Olympiad
- PTO Parties
- Family Fun Nights
- Field Trips
- Field Days
- PE classes (Skating, climbing units)
- Parents Visit During American Education WeekNovember 16, 2018 - 10:24 am
- Highlights of the November 12 Board of Education MeetingNovember 15, 2018 - 10:55 am
- Dance Troupe Provides a Taste of MexicoNovember 14, 2018 - 1:13 pm
- Notice About Graffiti IncidentNovember 13, 2018 - 3:06 pm
- Student Safety Protection ResolutionNovember 13, 2018 - 10:47 am
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play promotion pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Residency Safety school school board schoolboard Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather
- Music and Art Classes Available at David Adler Music and Arts CenterNovember 15, 2018 - 8:32 am
- Hawthorn District 73 Schools Earn Exemplary and Commendable ESSA Designations from the Illinois State Board of EducationNovember 1, 2018 - 9:32 am
- Meeting Scheduled for Potential Board CandidatesOctober 30, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Hawthorn District 73 Schedules Referendum Information MeetingsOctober 18, 2018 - 10:30 am
- David Adler Music and Arts Center 11-15-2018 (November 15, 2018)
- El Grupo Folklorico Mexico – Spanish 11-30-2018 (November 14, 2018)
- El Grupo Folklórico Mexico English 11-30-2018 (November 14, 2018)
- Board of Education Meeting Nov. 12, 2018 (November 9, 2018)
- Annual Statement of Affairs 2018 (November 5, 2018)