Registration Process for Families New to Hawthorn
Hawthorn utilizes both an in-person and online registration process. New families must meet with the registrar before completing the registration process. To schedule an appointment, please call 847-990-4280 or email Mayra Lanuza at email@example.com.
- Registration Process and Documents
- Required Registration Documents for Families New to Hawthorn
- Release of Records
- Preregistration Form
- Residency Verification Form
- Medical Requirements
- Home Language Survey (English)
- Home Language Survey (Spanish)
- Fee Payment (Fees are due at the time of registration)
- School Supply List (English & Spanish)
- Transportation Information
- Click here to view a map of attendance boundaries for each of the schools
About the registration process…
Registration at Hawthorn District 73 requires both an in-person and online process. After successful completion of the in-person process parents will receive the Parent Portal access codes. Parent/Guardian must schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 847-990-4280.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO REGISTER – The online process requires that parents/guardians sign in to the Parent Portal (PowerSchool). Once there, parents should click on the Registration button to enroll their students for Fall.
- FEE PAYMENT – For your convenience, this online registration process also includes an online fee payment option, which is available at the completion of the student registration pages. The online fee payment option accepts Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit/debit cards. There is no additional service charge or processing fee associated with using the online fee payment option. This process requires your PowerSchool parent portal user name and password to complete the transaction.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY – New this summer, Hawthorn District 73 will require all families to provide proof of residency. This will take place in August. To receive information on a child’s teacher, bus schedule/pass, etc., parents are expected to attend the Proof of Residency event. This event will take place prior to Get Acquainted Day.
- SUPPORT – If you need additional support or if you have lost your Parent Portal sign in information or password, please sign into PowerSchool, and click on the instructions tab at the bottom of the sign in page. You may also create an account on the Parent Portal page if you don’t have one. The Parent Portal is used to pay for and keep track of student fees. Parents of middle school students may also view student grades and attendance on the site.