Hawthorn School District 73
Hawthorn is now accepting online registrations for…
- NEW KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS who will begin school in fall 2013.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS who will attend again in 2013-14.
Registration for students new to the district will begin after July 8, 2013 at District Office, 841 West End Court, Vernon Hills. During the summer, District Office is open for registration Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
About the registration process…
- WHAT YOU NEED TO REGISTER: This online process requires that parents/guardians have a specially assigned student SNAPCODE (one for each student). SNAPCODES are provided by the District Office once you have successfully completed in-person registration.
- FEE PAYMENT: For your convenience, this online registration process also includes an OPTIONAL ONLINE FEE PAYMENT, which is available at the completion of the student registration pages. The online fee payment option accepts Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit/debit cards. There is no additional service charge or processing fee associated with using the online fee payment option. This process requires your Student ID number to complete the transaction.
- OTHER FORMS: Please refer to the ADDITIONAL RESOURCES section that follows for forms related to required residency verification, health exams, transportation requests, fee payments and PTO membership.
- SUPPORT: If you need additional support or if you have lost your Snapcode(s), please refer to the SUPPORT section at the end of this webpage.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY – Grades K, 3, 6 and new students. Illinois law requires that students attending Hawthorn District 73 be bona fide residents of the district, which is proved by providing documentation as outlined in the Residency Verification form, which is also available at www.hawthorn73.org/registration. When enrolling for the first time, students must provide original copies to the registrar. Continuing students who are re-confirming their residency in grades 3 and 6 may submit photocopies to the school or District Office. The District may request that families prove residency at any time.
- HEALTH RECORDS – Grades K, 2, 5, and 6, new students and students participating in interscholastic sports. Please provide as soon as possible before the start of the new school year. If forms are not complete by October 15, the State of Illinois requires that students be excluded from school.
- PHYSICAL EXAMS & IMMUNIZATIONS: Grades K, 6, new students - Illinois Child Health Exam [Spanish]
- LEAD RISK ASSESSMENT: Students through age 6 if the physician does not answer the lead risk question on the Illinois Child Health Exam - Illinois Lead Risk Assessment [Spanish]
- DENTAL: Grades K, 2, 6 and new students - Illinois Proof of School Dental Exam [Spanish]; Dental Exam Waiver [Spanish].
- VISION: Grades K (or 1) and new students from out-of-state - Illinois Eye Exam and Waiver.
- INTERSCHOLASTIC PHYSICAL: Students interested in participating in the athletic programs available through our middle schools - IESA Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form.
- HEPATITIS B VACCINATION PROOF: Grade 5; Most students are in compliance. Your school nurse will let you know if you need to provide updated proof of immunization.
- NEW REQUIREMENT - TETANUS/DIPTHERIA/ACELLULAR PERTUSSIS (Tdap) VACCINE: Beginning with enrollment for 2013, the Illinois Department of Public Health requires that parents of students entering grade 6, 7 and 8 show proof of receiving one dose of Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/acellular Pertussis) vaccine regardless of the interval since the last DTap, DT or Td dose. The Illinois Child Health Exam [Spanish] has been modified to accommodate the Tdap requirement.
- MORE INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL FORMS, including medication authorization and health management forms, are available on the Health Services webpages, www.hawthorn73.org/health.
- TRANSPORTATION - In general, students living more than 1.5 miles from their school receive free bus service.
- Kindergarten students who will ride the bus are invited to sign up for a practice bus ride on August 16, 2013. Reservations must be received no later than July 25, 2013. Please complete the Practice Bus Ride RSVP, which is also available in Spanish.
- Information about transportation services is available in the 2013-14 Transportation Information packet, which is also available in Spanish. Students who do not receive free bus service but who would like to purchase service may sign up for that service by completing and returning the Option to Pay Bus form on pages 3 and 4 of that packet. Students who require an alternative stop should complete the Before or After School Information sheet, found on page 5 of that packet.
- Students registering for the current 2012-13 school year may also refer to the 2012-13 Option-to-Pay Bus Form and 2012-13 Before/After School Information (Alternate Stop) form.
- More information about bus service is available on the Transportation webpages, www.hawthorn73.org/transportation.
- FEE PAYMENTS - You may pay fees online at the close of the student registration pages or by visiting the Fee Payments webpage. The site accepts Mastercard, Visa or Discover credit or debit card. If you prefer to pay via cash or check, please print out the fee form for the appropriate school year – 2012/13 or 2013/14 – and return it to Hawthorn District Office, 841 West End Court, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 with payment. Please review Hawthorn’s check acceptance policy. Fees are due when school begins in the fall. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Hawthorn Business Office at 847-990-4200.
- FOOD SERVICE - Information about meal service is available on our Food Services webpages, www.hawthorn73.org/food.
- STUDENT/PARENT HANDBOOK - Hawthorn follows the rules, guidelines and procedures outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook. Handbooks are also available from our District Office.
- CALENDAR - The 2013-14 master calendar features a revision date at the bottom – please check for updates as the year progresses. Also, please check with your school or the online calendar for updates.
- HAWTHORN PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO) - The PTO is a great way to support our students and schools. The cost to join PTO is $10 per family, and may be paid through the online payment website. If you would rather pay by check, please download and fill out a PTO Membership form. For more information on the Hawthorn PTO and how you can get involved with supporting our schools, please visit the Hawthorn PTO web site.
- PTO SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS - The Hawthorn PTO offers pre-packaged school supply kits. Place your online order by May 25, 2013.
- SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST - The school supply list list outlines materials requested for each grade. Brand names are sometimes suggested based on teacher experience.
- EMAIL NEWS SERVICE - Please consider signing up for emailed news and announcements from your school, the District, and the PTO. Sign up through each building’s website.
- If you lost your Snapcode(s), please complete the Request for Snapcode Form and return it to your school or District Office. A parent or guardian may also request a their child’s Snapcode by appearing in person at the school or District Office with a photo ID and a document verifying the in-district address.