Save the date for the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation’s first fundraising event.
FACES (Family and Community Engagement for Students) is an initiative supporting Hawthorn District 73’s Strategic Plan. This video highlights multiple volunteer opportunities available through this program and the important role volunteers play in the lives of students every day.
Lake County schools, including Hawthorn District 73, collected 36 skids of supplies for families affected by Hurricane Harvey in the Houston Independent School District. The supplies included water, food, school supplies, and clothing. The trucking company CDN Logistics, Inc. will pick up the items later this week and ship them to Houston.
During the June 10 meeting of the Hawthorn Board of Education, PTO representatives presented the district with a check for $80,000! Of this amount, $36,000 has been earmarked for a three-year technology enhancement effort to benefit all of our schools and students. The remaining $44,000 will be distributed to schools based on the number of students in each building.
In addition to the cash disbursement of $80,000, the PTO has provided more than $14,000 for programs and communications services during the school year, and $21,000 in free books and educational materials earned through the Book Fairs. In all, our PTO organization has contributed nearly $115,000 in cash and value to Hawthorn students to be used during the 2013-14 school year.
Thank you to all of the parents and community partners who so generously support PTO fundraising efforts and activities, and to PTO volunteers who make all of this possible. For more information about all that PTO does for our students and schools, please read the Hawthorn PTO Financial Newsletter.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Regular and Closed Sessions Scheduled for Feb. 25February 21, 2019 - 2:57 pm
- Cultural Night is Coming: March 8February 20, 2019 - 12:12 pm
- SOAR Assembly Focuses on Kindness WeekFebruary 15, 2019 - 4:14 pm
- Highlights of the Feb. 11 Board of Education MeetingFebruary 14, 2019 - 11:41 am
- Valentine’s Day Hearts Aren’t Just for EatingFebruary 12, 2019 - 11:06 am
- Closed Session of the Board of Education 2-25-2019 (February 21, 2019)
- Regular Session of the Board of Education 2-25-2019 (February 21, 2019)
- Townline Kindergarten Parent Night Presentation (February 21, 2019)
- Cultural Night Flyer 2019 Spanish (February 20, 2019)
- Cultural Night Flyer 2019 English (February 20, 2019)