Students in the Aspen and Elementary South orchestras know that practice makes perfect. You can see their dedication and concentration as they rehearse.
A beautiful evening of music was shared amongst Middle North and Middle South students as well as the Vernon Hills High School String Project. The audience was serenaded by Samantha May’s Chamber Orchestra, followed by Jennifer Greenwell’s Symphony Orchestra. After two pieces by the high school students, the evening was rounded out with a combined performance from MSS and MSN sixth grade Orchestra. Congratulations to all the students who played beautifully and to our orchestra directors.
The sixth, seventh and eighth grade band, orchestra and choir performed at Middle School North’s Music Assembly on December 19. Principal Robert Collins kicked off the event by reminding the audience about the dedication that goes into students reaching their personal best on their instruments. Among the pieces the orchestra performed was “Ludwig’s Tango.”
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Highlights of the June 11 Board of Education MeetingJune 14, 2018 - 10:45 am
- Hawthorn School District 73 Seeks Director of Teaching and LearningJune 12, 2018 - 8:45 am
- Fertilizer and Weed Control ApplicationJune 11, 2018 - 10:29 am
- Closed Committee of the Whole Meeting, June 18June 11, 2018 - 9:00 am
- Closed Committee of the Whole Meeting, June 13June 11, 2018 - 8:56 am