Many thanks to all the parents and families who attended this year’s Residency Event. If you missed the event, you can verify residency beginning on Monday, August 13, at the District Office, 841 West End Court in Vernon Hills. Please come between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. or between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Three documents are required to verify residency. To expedite the registration verification process, District 73 parents/guardians must bring originals and copies of the required documents. Parents or guardians must bring proof of residency within Hawthorn School District 73 by providing one document from each category listed below:
- Photo Identification
Category II Proof of Occupation of Residency in District 73 (one document required)
- Homeowners: Provide current monthly mortgage statement (or recent closing papers) with parent/legal guardian’s name and address or most recent property tax bill.
- Renters: Provide properly executed lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name and address listed as renter, and signature page including name, address and telephone number of landlord for verification.
- Those living with others: Provide a notarized Residency Attestation form for the District 73 resident/landlord explaining the living arrangement as well as all residency documentation of the resident/landlord.
Category III Additional Document Showing Name and Address (one document required)
- Current utility bill (within the last billing cycle, typically 60 days), such as water, electric, gas, telephone, or cable bill
- Current homeowners or renter insurance policy statement
- Vehicle registration
- Voter Registration Card
For more information, please call 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280 or visit the website: www.Hawthorn73.org.