Hawthorn takes school closings very seriously. Should schools close due to inclement weather or other unforeseen reasons, the district uses an automated emergency notification system to send a recorded voice message to each student’s home telephone number, as provided during registration. Parents have the option of managing their emergency notifications by logging in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal to change telephone numbers, request text messaging, and request email messaging. For more information on how Hawthorn determines school closings, please click here.
We have updated information on snow day procedures here, please review the information at your earliest convenience.
…please be proactive in your efforts to stay informed of any cancellations. If school needs to be cancelled because of snow or other circumstances, Hawthorn will work to make that determination before 6 a.m. each day and communicate it through our automated message system, this website, and other methods. If school is cancelled, all events using our buildings will also be cancelled. Missed days will be made up at the end of the year by adding days to the school calendar. For more information, please view About Snow Days.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- An Evening with the Board – Live Streaming nowFebruary 21, 2018 - 7:00 pm
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and TeachersFebruary 16, 2018 - 1:35 pm
- We Want Your Advice about District 73’s FutureFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:40 pm
- A Message Regarding Events in FloridaFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:01 pm
- Highlights of the February 12 Board of Education MeetingFebruary 15, 2018 - 3:17 pm