A Regular Session of the Board of Education will take place on Monday, Dec. 17, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will take place at the District Office, 841 West End Court in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 343 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
Hawthorn District 73 has revised its schedule of closed session dates for interviewing and discussing superintendent candidates. Here is the updated schedule.
Lake County has a smoke trailer that is used for training kids about the dangers of fire. Each year, the trailer plays a key role in demonstrations at schools throughout the county, including Hawthorn District 73 schools. This year, Hawthorn District 73 cleaned out an area that allows enough space for this great training resource… Continue Reading Smoke Trailer Has Winter Home at District 73
It’s that time of year when inclement weather can close schools. Hawthorn District 73 notifies families of closings, safety alerts and other events through phone, email and (to some degree) text messages using the SchoolMessenger system. Continue Reading Opting In to Receive Text Messages
Hawthorn District 73 has scheduled a series of school board closed session dates to interview superintendent candidates. Here is the updated schedule.
Congratulations to Middle School North and Middle School South eighth-grade orchestra students on an outstanding performance at the Vernon Hills High School Orchestra Festival last Thursday.
Presentation on the Annual Financial Report Kevin Smith, a certified public accountant with Eder Casella, gave the results of the audit on the 2017-2018 Annual Financial Report. President’s Report Board President Sonali Patil gave a brief overview of the 2018 IASB Joint Annual Conference (Triple I) in Chicago. This was the 86th meeting of the… Continue Reading Highlights of the November 26, 2018 Board of Education Meeting
Each year the Cook Memorial Public Library District holds a contest that enables students to show just how creative they are. Participants create bookmarks that are inspired by their favorite books or characters. The contest is open to all schools in the library district. This year, about 800 bookmark designs were submitted from approximately 20… Continue Reading Hawthorn Students Win Plenty of Prizes in Library Bookmark Contest
Come and enjoy a night of folkloric dance and Mexican culture. “El Grupo Folklorico Mexico” will perform at the School of Dual Language/Townline Elementary, 810 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills, on Friday, November 30 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event, hosted by the Hawthorn School of Dual Language, is free and open to… Continue Reading Dance Troupe Provides a Taste of Mexico
Middle School North and South seventh-grade students did a fine job performing with Vernon Hills High School students on Tuesday at the Orchestra Festival. The guest conductor was Deborah Peot, Visiting Assistant Professor and Director of Music Education at Elmhurst College. Congratulations students on an excellent performance!
- Regular Session of the Board of Education: 12/17/2018December 14, 2018 - 12:08 pm
- Revised Superintendent Interview DatesDecember 14, 2018 - 9:27 am
- Smoke Trailer Has Winter Home at District 73December 14, 2018 - 9:08 am
- Opting In to Receive Text MessagesDecember 6, 2018 - 12:14 pm
- Revised Superintendent Interview Closed Session DatesDecember 4, 2018 - 3:32 pm
- Music and Art Classes Available at David Adler Music and Arts CenterNovember 15, 2018 - 8:32 am
- Hawthorn District 73 Schools Earn Exemplary and Commendable ESSA Designations from the Illinois State Board of EducationNovember 1, 2018 - 9:32 am
- Meeting Scheduled for Potential Board CandidatesOctober 30, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Hawthorn District 73 Schedules Referendum Information MeetingsOctober 18, 2018 - 10:30 am
- Regular Session of the Board of Education, 12/17/2018 (December 14, 2018)
- Superintendent Closed Session Dates – Revised (December 4, 2018)
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute Spanish 2019 (December 4, 2018)
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute English 2019 (December 4, 2018)
- Annual Financial Report 2017-2018 (December 3, 2018)