Substitute teachers are some of the true unsung heroes at Hawthorn District 73. They play an important role in helping our classrooms by providing continuity of instruction and a positive learning environment when regular classroom teachers are absent. Beyond absences due to sickness, substitute teachers also help schools by allowing regular classroom teachers to take time off for professional development or personal reasons without disrupting the educational process for students.
Why YOU should become a Hawthorn Super Substitute:
- Supplement your income while giving back to the community.
- Flexible schedule - You choose the days and where you want to work!
- Gain experience in a classroom
- Develop professional skills
- Professional Educator License (PEL) or Substitute Teaching License - registered in Lake County, IL
- Ability to work with students in grades Pre-K - 8
- Willingness to be flexible
- Adapt to new situations easily
- Strong classroom management skills
- $120 a day
- $228 a day for long-term positions
For more information or questions, please contact Mayra Lanuza at email@example.com or 847.990.4218.
Substitute Teacher Licensing Information: