Curriculum Department at Hawthorn School District 73.
Learning at Hawthorn
Hawthorn School District 73 is committed to bringing to our families the highest quality education that will provide the foundation our students need in order to become successful citizens of the 21st century. The Hawthorn schools strive to meet the needs of each of our students, capitalizing on their strengths and utilizing a wide range of resources to provide support for any challenges they encounter. Our fast-paced, ever changing society provides an exciting backdrop for our learning, and using current tools and resources, our teachers make their classrooms and the curriculum relevant to our students’ lives.
Teaching & Learning Mission
The Teaching and Learning department of Hawthorn is committed to the achievement of academic excellence for all of our students through:
- Providing teachers with professional development in the study and implementation of a world class curriculum focused on developing the whole child through the most effective instructional practices
- Offering guidance for teachers in the development and implementation of assessments for and of learning, and
- Partnering with our community to offer opportunities to all of our students which will promote their development as positive participants and innovators in the 21st century.
We are grateful to the Hawthorn Board of Education for its continued support in our ongoing endeavor to align and improve our curriculum and programs. We encourage you to visit this website often. You are welcome to provide comments and feedback here, as well.
We are excited about the journey of bringing the best in curriculum, instruction, and assessment to our students. We are well on our way to realizing our goal to “Inspire all students to embrace learning in an ever-changing world.”
- Mark Your Calendars for Hawthorn’s Reverse ParadesMay 29, 2020 - 11:02 am
- Coronavirus Updates and ResourcesMay 29, 2020 - 9:20 am
- Aspen Drive Library is Hosting a Last Day of School Homework CafeMay 29, 2020 - 8:00 am
- Highlights of the May 21, 2020 Board of Education MeetingMay 28, 2020 - 10:55 am
- Eagles Are Everywhere during Spirit WeekMay 27, 2020 - 1:20 pm
8th grade academics alert Art awards band basketball budget calendar Chorus Concert Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities finance fundraising grounds health hei Kindergarten MAP Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music Orchestra pto referendum registration reorganization Safety school school board schoolboard security snowday Special Event sports Strategic Plan students summer summer school technology Testing weather