The goal of the Communications Department is to create partnerships within and outside the organization to provide information, assistance and opportunities for all stakeholders.
The Communications Department supports or oversees:
- Builds relationships between Hawthorn District 73 and the Vernon Hills community
- Engages with community via social media sites
- Creates community newsletters
- Distributes District 73 electronic communications
- Handles media relations
- Manages crisis communications
- Processes FOIA requests
- Oversees the website
All media requests are handled through the Communications department. For comments or requests for interviews, please contact Michael McFarlin, Coordinator of District Communications, at 847-990-4228.
Coordinator of District Communications