The vision of Hawthorn FACES is to promote student achievement through collaboration between home, school and the community.
Make a Difference
Welcome to the Hawthorn District 73 FACES program. If you enjoy working with students in a school setting, Hawthorn District 73 provides many opportunities to become involved. The needs are great and the possibilities are almost endless.
For most positions, there is no experience necessary and no special skills are required. We welcome any volunteers who have special skills and talents who can contribute to the FACES program. In some cases, training will be provided if needed.
The first step you need to take is to complete a volunteer interest form. Following the completion of your interest form, you will be contacted about volunteer opportunities. Staff members at each school will offer support and make your time a valuable experience.
Each Hawthorn District 73 volunteer fosters success for every student in the school.
Being a volunteer or mentor is mutually beneficial for all. There are a variety of reasons why people volunteer but the primary motivation is helping others. It’s also true that volunteers benefit from giving of themselves during volunteer work. Think of volunteer work as collaboration that supports the progress of learning, social development and emotional connectedness.
Volunteering in a school setting gives people an opportunity to build bridges between home, school and the community in a variety of meaningful ways:
Here are some specific ways you can help
- Reading with students
- Sharing knowledge and skills
- Supporting social and emotional development
- Connecting with students of all ages Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Creating new experiences
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Small group reading
- Reading to a class
- Small group math
- Teacher preparation
- Recess/Lunch assistance
- Science Olympiad
- PTO Parties
- Family Fun Nights
- Field Trips
- Field Days
- PE classes (Skating, climbing units)
- Teachers Prepare for Hybrid Learning on Remote Planning DayJanuary 21, 2021 - 3:31 pm
- Updates and ResourcesJanuary 21, 2021 - 10:00 am
- Highlights of the January 8, 2021 Board of Education MeetingJanuary 21, 2021 - 9:21 am
- New Assistant Superintendent for Student Services Joins HawthornJanuary 20, 2021 - 10:27 am
- Special Board of Education Meeting January 21, 2021January 19, 2021 - 3:51 pm
8th grade academics alert Art awards band basketball budget calendar Chorus Concert Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities finance fundraising grounds health hei Kindergarten MAP Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music Orchestra pto referendum registration reorganization Safety school school board schoolboard security snowday Special Event sports Strategic Plan students summer summer school technology Testing weather