The vision of Hawthorn FACES is to promote student achievement through collaboration between home, school and the community.
Make a Difference
Welcome to the Hawthorn District 73 FACES program. If you enjoy working with students in a school setting, Hawthorn District 73 provides many opportunities to become involved. The needs are great and the possibilities are almost endless.
For most positions, there is no experience necessary and no special skills are required. We welcome any volunteers who have special skills and talents who can contribute to the FACES program. In some cases, training will be provided if needed.
The first step you need to take is to complete a volunteer interest form. Following the completion of your interest form, you will be contacted about volunteer opportunities. Staff members at each school will offer support and make your time a valuable experience.
Each Hawthorn District 73 volunteer fosters success for every student in the school.
Being a volunteer or mentor is mutually beneficial for all. There are a variety of reasons why people volunteer but the primary motivation is helping others. It’s also true that volunteers benefit from giving of themselves during volunteer work. Think of volunteer work as collaboration that supports the progress of learning, social development and emotional connectedness.
Volunteering in a school setting gives people an opportunity to build bridges between home, school and the community in a variety of meaningful ways:
Here are some specific ways you can help
- Reading with students
- Sharing knowledge and skills
- Supporting social and emotional development
- Connecting with students of all ages Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Creating new experiences
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Small group reading
- Reading to a class
- Small group math
- Teacher preparation
- Recess/Lunch assistance
- Science Olympiad
- PTO Parties
- Family Fun Nights
- Field Trips
- Field Days
- PE classes (Skating, climbing units)
- Join the Expansion Celebration at Aspen Drive Library on Nov. 23November 19, 2019 - 11:40 am
- Library Announces 2019 “Design a Bookmark” Contest WinnersNovember 19, 2019 - 9:02 am
- Take the 5Essentials Parent SurveyNovember 18, 2019 - 9:21 am
- Highlights of the Nov. 13 Board of Education MeetingNovember 14, 2019 - 3:08 pm
- Learn About the Be Seen and Heard Program at Parent Meeting, Dec. 2November 13, 2019 - 9:36 am
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play promotion pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Safety school schoolboard school board snowday Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather
- Citadel Theatre Presents AnnieNovember 22, 2019 - 8:02 am
- Holiday Gift Opportunities for Those on Tight BudgetsNovember 21, 2019 - 9:49 am
- Cook Memorial Public Library Offers Diverse Programs for Teens this WinterNovember 20, 2019 - 1:25 pm
- Center for Gifted Offers Enrichment ProgramsNovember 20, 2019 - 10:55 am