The vision of Hawthorn FACES is to promote student achievement through collaboration between home, school and the community.
Make a Difference
Welcome to the Hawthorn District 73 FACES program. If you enjoy working with students in a school setting, Hawthorn District 73 provides many opportunities to become involved. The needs are great and the possibilities are almost endless.
For most positions, there is no experience necessary and no special skills are required. We welcome any volunteers who have special skills and talents who can contribute to the FACES program. In some cases, training will be provided if needed.
The first step you need to take is to complete a volunteer interest form. Following the completion of your interest form, you will be contacted about volunteer opportunities. Staff members at each school will offer support and make your time a valuable experience.
Each Hawthorn District 73 volunteer fosters success for every student in the school.
Being a volunteer or mentor is mutually beneficial for all. There are a variety of reasons why people volunteer but the primary motivation is helping others. It’s also true that volunteers benefit from giving of themselves during volunteer work. Think of volunteer work as collaboration that supports the progress of learning, social development and emotional connectedness.
Volunteering in a school setting gives people an opportunity to build bridges between home, school and the community in a variety of meaningful ways:
Here are some specific ways you can help
- Reading with students
- Sharing knowledge and skills
- Supporting social and emotional development
- Connecting with students of all ages Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Creating new experiences
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Small group reading
- Reading to a class
- Small group math
- Teacher preparation
- Recess/Lunch assistance
- Science Olympiad
- PTO Parties
- Family Fun Nights
- Field Trips
- Field Days
- PE classes (Skating, climbing units)
- Regular Session of the Board of Education: 12/17/2018December 14, 2018 - 12:08 pm
- Revised Superintendent Interview DatesDecember 14, 2018 - 9:27 am
- Smoke Trailer Has Winter Home at District 73December 14, 2018 - 9:08 am
- Opting In to Receive Text MessagesDecember 6, 2018 - 12:14 pm
- Revised Superintendent Interview Closed Session DatesDecember 4, 2018 - 3:32 pm
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play promotion pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Residency Safety school schoolboard school board Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather
- Music and Art Classes Available at David Adler Music and Arts CenterNovember 15, 2018 - 8:32 am
- Hawthorn District 73 Schools Earn Exemplary and Commendable ESSA Designations from the Illinois State Board of EducationNovember 1, 2018 - 9:32 am
- Meeting Scheduled for Potential Board CandidatesOctober 30, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Hawthorn District 73 Schedules Referendum Information MeetingsOctober 18, 2018 - 10:30 am
- Board Minutes, 11/26/18 (December 18, 2018)
- Regular Session of the Board of Education, 12/17/2018 (December 14, 2018)
- Superintendent Closed Session Dates – Revised (December 4, 2018)
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute Spanish 2019 (December 4, 2018)
- Hawthorn Enrichment Institute English 2019 (December 4, 2018)