- Curriculum Guide
- Parent/Student Powerschool Portal – The Parent/Student Powerschool Portal is a good resource for parents in K-5 in order to get basic information about their child at Hawthorn and a great way for parents of middle school students to check their child’s progress. Parents can access this site by utilizing the username and password that they set up when they registered their child.
- Alignment to Math Standards. The IXL website provides information on Illinois standards where parents can find practice skills, and track performance.
- Early Childhood Development on Learning and Teaching
- Math, English Language Arts, Science & Social Studies Skill Building
- Teaching Math through use of a Calculator
- Astronomy for Children
- White House History
Legislative & Regulatory Matters
Public education is impacted by countless federal and state mandates. The following resources offer information about current topics impacting education.
Articles / Information
- Top Summer Learning Tips
- Tips to Keep Tweens and Teens Learning During the Summer from the National Summer Learning Association
- Keep Kids Active and Healthy During the Summer from the National Summer Learning Association
- Stop Sports Injuries: Keeping Kids in the Game for Life website, in support of a campaign initiated by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Learning Theory & Philosophies
Learning at Hawthorn is based on several models, including the Bernstein Artful Learning Model, Understanding by Design, and Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.
Service Provider Information
If your family receives free school lunches, you may qualify for our EagleNet partnership with Comcast to provide free Internet access to qualifying families.
- Student Resources (including book lists, study websites and report-a-bully form), and
- Middle School Parent Portal online gradebook.
- Tutor List 2020-2021
For more information, please contact Allison Stein, Director of Teaching and Learning, at 847-990-4251 or email@example.com.