The Hawthorn School District 73 Board of Education is inviting the public to a series of community engagement meetings to discuss how to resolve the District’s space challenges. Currently, District 73 is at capacity and it is growing.
The six meetings will include presentations by the Board of Education and opportunities for community members to provide their feedback and advice. The first two meetings will focus on prioritizing solutions. The April 30 meeting will be a working meeting. The later meetings will focus on communicating solutions. The meetings will take place at 7:00 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Thursday, April 5, Elementary North, 301 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills
- Tuesday, April 17, Elementary South, 430 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills
- Monday, April 30, Middle School North, 201 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills
- Thursday, May 10, Aspen Elementary, 500 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills (this meeting is canceled)
- Monday, May 21, Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills
- Wednesday, May 30, Townline Elementary, 810 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills
Spanish translators will be present. Childcare will be provided on April 5, May 21 and May 30. If you need childcare, please register at least one week prior to the date of the meeting you wish to attend. Send an email with the number of children attending to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hawthorn School District 73 is a preschool through eighth-grade public school district serving approximately 4,300 students. It serves the communities of Vernon Hills, Mundelein, Libertyville, Indian Creek and unincorporated areas of Lake County, Illinois.