Children’s health is a key element in positive educational outcomes. The goal of Hawthorn District #73 Health Services and our School Nurses is to promote, protect, support, improve and sustain the health, emotional well-being and safety of all students and staff for optimal health, growth, learning, and quality of life. This is accomplished in collaboration with the students, families, staff, administrators, and community resources.Parents are asked to provide important health and medical information about their student, which is updated each year during the online registration process. Please complete this information as accurately as possible, as this information will accompany your child to the hospital if emergency treatment is needed. It also enables the Nurse to understand your child’s health needs at school. If there are changes during the school year, please be sure to notify the Nurse. This health information is maintained by the Nurse in each building and is kept confidential. Please feel free to contact the Nurse at your child’s school regarding any concerns about your child’s health or medical needs.
Discussions between the nurse, students, family members, or staff are private. All are welcome to talk openly about themselves, their health, or questions that they may have. The information is not shared with other people without permission. The only exception is if someone may be in danger. If a person prefers a more private place to talk, those arrangements will be made. Student medical records are confidential, as well. They are not released without parental consent. Written parental authorization is required for the school to obtain medical records from outside sources.
D aily attendance is required by the School Code of Illinois. Student absences for any reason other than illness are strongly discouraged. If your child is going to be absent from school, parents must call the school by 9 am on each day of absence to report and explain the reason for the absence. The school phones have answering machines that can receive messages before and after school hours.
- Welcome Back Students!August 22, 2019 - 11:00 am
- Update on the School for Young LearnersAugust 21, 2019 - 12:06 pm
- Opening Day for Hawthorn StaffAugust 21, 2019 - 11:04 am
- Students Get Acquainted with Their New Teachers/ClassroomsAugust 20, 2019 - 11:33 am
- Board of Education Meeting Scheduled for August 22August 20, 2019 - 10:11 am
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play promotion pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Safety school schoolboard school board snowday Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather
- Hawthorn Mall Launches Supplies Drive for Hawthorn StudentsJuly 16, 2019 - 2:22 pm
- Library Remodeling UpdateJune 7, 2019 - 1:35 pm
- Next Board of Education Meeting is June 10, 2019June 7, 2019 - 9:07 am
- Community Invited to Provide Input on Expansion Plans for Hawthorn Middle School North at July 2 Community ForumJune 6, 2019 - 10:15 am