Children’s health is a key element in positive educational outcomes. The goal of Hawthorn District #73 Health Services and our School Nurses is to promote, protect, support, improve and sustain the health, emotional well-being and safety of all students and staff for optimal health, growth, learning, and quality of life. This is accomplished in collaboration with the students, families, staff, administrators, and community resources.Parents are asked to provide important health and medical information about their student, which is updated each year during the online registration process. Please complete this information as accurately as possible, as this information will accompany your child to the hospital if emergency treatment is needed. It also enables the Nurse to understand your child’s health needs at school. If there are changes during the school year, please be sure to notify the Nurse. This health information is maintained by the Nurse in each building and is kept confidential. Please feel free to contact the Nurse at your child’s school regarding any concerns about your child’s health or medical needs.
Discussions between the nurse, students, family members, or staff are private. All are welcome to talk openly about themselves, their health, or questions that they may have. The information is not shared with other people without permission. The only exception is if someone may be in danger. If a person prefers a more private place to talk, those arrangements will be made. Student medical records are confidential, as well. They are not released without parental consent. Written parental authorization is required for the school to obtain medical records from outside sources.
D aily attendance is required by the School Code of Illinois. Student absences for any reason other than illness are strongly discouraged. If your child is going to be absent from school, parents must call the school by 9 am on each day of absence to report and explain the reason for the absence. The school phones have answering machines that can receive messages before and after school hours.
- Coronavirus Updates and ResourcesApril 6, 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Foundation Helps Provide Access to Home Learning Resources for All FamiliesApril 6, 2020 - 3:02 pm
- Highlights of the March 12 Board of Education MeetingApril 2, 2020 - 10:49 am
- Board of Education Meeting: April 2, 2020March 31, 2020 - 4:05 pm
- Closed Session by Remote Attendance: March 26, 2020March 24, 2020 - 4:49 pm
8th grade academics alert Athletics awards ayp band calendar Chorus Concert Conferences Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities Family Night finance fundraising health holiday Kindergarten Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music No School Orchestra play pto referendum registration reorganization Reports Safety school schoolboard school board snowday Special Event Spirit Day sports Strategic Plan students technology Testing weather
- Camp Works With Kids Who Struggle With Social AnxietyMarch 23, 2020 - 2:12 pm
- Family Skate, March 22March 13, 2020 - 9:44 am
- Students & Parents: Join Us for a Special Screening of Screenagers: Next ChapterMarch 3, 2020 - 9:01 am
- Digital Citizenship & Cyber Safety in a Connected WorldFebruary 27, 2020 - 9:27 am