Children’s health is a key element in positive educational outcomes. The goal of Hawthorn District #73 Health Services and our School Nurses is to promote, protect, support, improve and sustain the health, emotional well-being and safety of all students and staff for optimal health, growth, learning, and quality of life. This is accomplished in collaboration with the students, families, staff, administrators, and community resources.Parents are asked to provide important health and medical information about their student, which is updated each year during the online registration process. Please complete this information as accurately as possible, as this information will accompany your child to the hospital if emergency treatment is needed. It also enables the Nurse to understand your child’s health needs at school. If there are changes during the school year, please be sure to notify the Nurse. This health information is maintained by the Nurse in each building and is kept confidential. Please feel free to contact the Nurse at your child’s school regarding any concerns about your child’s health or medical needs.
Discussions between the nurse, students, family members, or staff are private. All are welcome to talk openly about themselves, their health, or questions that they may have. The information is not shared with other people without permission. The only exception is if someone may be in danger. If a person prefers a more private place to talk, those arrangements will be made. Student medical records are confidential, as well. They are not released without parental consent. Written parental authorization is required for the school to obtain medical records from outside sources.
D aily attendance is required by the School Code of Illinois. Student absences for any reason other than illness are strongly discouraged. If your child is going to be absent from school, parents must call the school by 9 am on each day of absence to report and explain the reason for the absence. The school phones have answering machines that can receive messages before and after school hours.
- Resources and UpdatesSeptember 24, 2020 - 10:00 am
- Supply Bag Pick Up Day Goes SmoothlySeptember 23, 2020 - 4:02 pm
- Meal Service UpdateSeptember 23, 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Board of Education Meetings: September 24, 2020September 22, 2020 - 3:40 pm
- Highlights of the September 10, 2020 Board of Education MeetingSeptember 17, 2020 - 2:28 pm
8th grade academics alert Art awards band basketball budget calendar Chorus Concert Educational Facility Master Plan efmp facilities finance fundraising grounds health hei Kindergarten MAP Meeting middlenorth middlesouth music Orchestra pto referendum registration reorganization Safety school school board schoolboard security snowday Special Event sports Strategic Plan students summer summer school technology Testing weather
- Stevenson Move-A-Thon: Get Started and Get Moving!September 23, 2020 - 1:12 pm
- Snowmobile Safety CourseSeptember 22, 2020 - 8:27 am
- Fall Offerings at the Center for Gifted/Midwest Torrance Center for CreativitySeptember 18, 2020 - 11:45 am
- Vernon Hills Park District Fall NewsletterSeptember 11, 2020 - 10:34 am