Strategic Plan Initiatives
Inspire all children to embrace learning in an ever-changing world.
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: In five years, all students will meet or exceed their individual growth targets.
- LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Provide and implement common expectations for joyful and challenging learning across the district.
- PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT: Provide a mutually supportive professional environment that features collaboration, collegiality and strategic, impactful staff development.
- PARTNERSHIPS: Hawthorn District 73 will have a districtwide community volunteer program to support student learning.
- RESOURCES: Ensure a stable fiscal position that provides the required resources, personnel, facilities, programs, and technology to continually sustain Hawthorn District 73’s strategic mission and vision.
Projects for 2019-2020:
- Collaborate with the Village of Vernon Hills to develop and implement a Standardized Crisis Plan (August 2019).
- Develop a Professional Learning Community (PLC) Leadership Team to collaboratively guide the systemic implementation of PLC practices and structures across the district (Ongoing).
- Review instructional practices, assessments, and resource allocations to close the achievement gap for our English Language Learners and students in special education (Ongoing).
- Prioritize and align learning standards to define essential outcomes in English Language Arts (preK-8) and math (6-8).
- Engage in a pilot analysis of Tier 1 math materials within a modified curriculum review cycle to select a foundational resource in math for district-wide, K-5 implementation.
- Review our middle school academic schedules to ensure they reflect district goals and priorities.
- Use the results of our technology audit to develop an instructional technology plan.
- Collaborate with the Hawthorn Education Association to obtain a mutually agreed-upon contract.
- Plan for the opening of the Hawthorn School for Young Learners.
- Engage in the design and development of Middle School North building additions and programs.
- Implement a data-driven “90 Day School Improvement Process” focused on math, literacy, and district culture.
- Collaborate with the Hawthorn 73 learning community to develop a strategic plan focused on the growth and learning of all students.