July 20th – July 31st, 2015
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. @ Middle School South
Summer Music Camp is for instrumentalists…
entering grades five through nine in the Fall of 2015. They must have at least one year of experience playing in a large ensemble. The students will be divided into grade-level groups by instrument:
“The High School counselors are awesome!”
“I LOVE CAMP! Everything about it is so fun, especially the music we play.”
“I had a great experience at band camp. Since the pieces were challenging, I had to practice a lot at home and improved a lot.”
“I loved water war day when Mr. G. sprayed us with a fire hose!”
“I loved going to the pool but most of all had a great experience with learning to play my instrument better,”
Hawthorn is dedicated to providing it’s music camp attendees with the ultimate music experience while offering time for comradery, friendly competition and team building. Please view the brochure for additional information.
This includes a HSMC T-Shirt!
Registration Deadline: June 1st
- Refunds will be provided for cancellations made prior to July 10th.
- A discount of $50 will be refunded to those that enroll more than one child.
New This Year
- You must register your child online.
- Grades 5 & 6 – Young Mozarts
- Grades 7 & 8 – Beethoven’s Bunch
- Grade 9 – Counselors in Training
Those entering Grade 9 are free of charge and will be given responsibilities indicative of “Counselors in Training”
Please register soon to ensure space for your child!
- 8:30-9:30: large group rehearsal
- 9:30-10:00: music theory
- 10:00-10:45: games/activities
- 10:45-11:30: rehearsal/sectionals
- 11:30-12:00: lunch
- 12:00-1:15: large group rehearsal
- 1:15-2:00: games/activities
Special Event Schedule
- Friday, July 24th: VH Aquatic Center (PM)
- Monday, July 27th: Field Day
- Tuesday, July 28th: Field Day
- Wednesday, July 29th: Water War
- Thursday, July 30th: Pizza Party
- Friday, July 31st: Concert at 1 PM
Who is eligible?
Students entering grades 5 through 9 in the fall of 2014 with at least one school year experience in band or orchestra are eligible. Younger students with appropriate note-reading experience are welcome upon director approval.
What types of activities are there?
Each day, the students will participate in large group rehearsals as well as sectionals (small group lessons) and music theory classes. Various chamber ensembles may be offered as well as African drumming and singing.
The students will participate in organized games and activities for approximately 90 minutes each day. Weather permitting, 45 minutes will be spent outside, so please send your child prepared for sun!
What will my child do for lunch?
Students are required to provide their own sack lunch each day. Beverages and snacks will be available at no additional charge. No lunch will be needed when we host the pizza party, July 30th, unless your child would prefer something other than pizza.
For more information, please contact your child’s ensemble director or E-mail Teri Plohr.