Community residents didn’t have far to go to hear great music, as Hawthorn’s Summer Music Camp students performed a concert at Middle School South on July 27. Band students performed pieces such as “Arabian Dances,” “The Avengers” and “Blue Ridge Reel.” Orchestra students performed “The King’s Fiddlers,” “Concerto for Strings” and other pieces. A special thanks to the Vernon Hills High School students who gave their time and energy to help make this concert such a great success.
A beautiful evening of music was shared amongst Middle North and Middle South students as well as the Vernon Hills High School String Project. The audience was serenaded by Samantha May’s Chamber Orchestra, followed by Jennifer Greenwell’s Symphony Orchestra. After two pieces by the high school students, the evening was rounded out with a combined performance from MSS and MSN sixth grade Orchestra. Congratulations to all the students who played beautifully and to our orchestra directors.
The sixth, seventh and eighth grade band, orchestra and choir performed at Middle School North’s Music Assembly on December 19. Principal Robert Collins kicked off the event by reminding the audience about the dedication that goes into students reaching their personal best on their instruments. Among the pieces the orchestra performed was “Ludwig’s Tango.”
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Parents and Teachers Connect at ConferencesNovember 26, 2019 - 9:13 am
- Library Announces 2019 “Design a Bookmark” Contest WinnersNovember 19, 2019 - 9:02 am
- Take the 5Essentials Parent SurveyNovember 18, 2019 - 9:21 am
- Highlights of the Nov. 13 Board of Education MeetingNovember 14, 2019 - 3:08 pm
- Learn About the Be Seen and Heard Program at Parent Meeting, Dec. 2November 13, 2019 - 9:36 am