Community residents didn’t have far to go to hear great music, as Hawthorn’s Summer Music Camp students performed a concert at Middle School South on July 27. Band students performed pieces such as “Arabian Dances,” “The Avengers” and “Blue Ridge Reel.” Orchestra students performed “The King’s Fiddlers,” “Concerto for Strings” and other pieces. A special thanks to the Vernon Hills High School students who gave their time and energy to help make this concert such a great success.
A beautiful evening of music was shared amongst Middle North and Middle South students as well as the Vernon Hills High School String Project. The audience was serenaded by Samantha May’s Chamber Orchestra, followed by Jennifer Greenwell’s Symphony Orchestra. After two pieces by the high school students, the evening was rounded out with a combined performance from MSS and MSN sixth grade Orchestra. Congratulations to all the students who played beautifully and to our orchestra directors.
The sixth, seventh and eighth grade band, orchestra and choir performed at Middle School North’s Music Assembly on December 19. Principal Robert Collins kicked off the event by reminding the audience about the dedication that goes into students reaching their personal best on their instruments. Among the pieces the orchestra performed was “Ludwig’s Tango.”
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Updates and ResourcesJanuary 21, 2021 - 7:00 am
- New Assistant Superintendent for Student Services Joins HawthornJanuary 20, 2021 - 10:27 am
- Special Board of Education Meeting January 21, 2021January 19, 2021 - 3:51 pm
- Meal Service UpdateJanuary 19, 2021 - 2:28 pm
- Immunization ReminderJanuary 13, 2021 - 2:36 pm
- Site and Facilities Committee Meeting Canceled for Feb. 3, 2021 (January 21, 2021)
- Board of Education Meeting Agenda, 1/21/2021 (January 19, 2021)
- New Format At a Glance Calendar 2020-21 (Amended) (January 19, 2021)
- Lake County Haven (January 13, 2021)
- Board of Education Agenda, 1/14/2021 (January 12, 2021)