Community residents didn’t have far to go to hear great music, as Hawthorn’s Summer Music Camp students performed a concert at Middle School South on July 27. Band students performed pieces such as “Arabian Dances,” “The Avengers” and “Blue Ridge Reel.” Orchestra students performed “The King’s Fiddlers,” “Concerto for Strings” and other pieces. A special thanks to the Vernon Hills High School students who gave their time and energy to help make this concert such a great success.
A beautiful evening of music was shared amongst Middle North and Middle South students as well as the Vernon Hills High School String Project. The audience was serenaded by Samantha May’s Chamber Orchestra, followed by Jennifer Greenwell’s Symphony Orchestra. After two pieces by the high school students, the evening was rounded out with a combined performance from MSS and MSN sixth grade Orchestra. Congratulations to all the students who played beautifully and to our orchestra directors.
The sixth, seventh and eighth grade band, orchestra and choir performed at Middle School North’s Music Assembly on December 19. Principal Robert Collins kicked off the event by reminding the audience about the dedication that goes into students reaching their personal best on their instruments. Among the pieces the orchestra performed was “Ludwig’s Tango.”
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Welcome Back Students!August 22, 2019 - 11:00 am
- Update on the School for Young LearnersAugust 21, 2019 - 12:06 pm
- Opening Day for Hawthorn StaffAugust 21, 2019 - 11:04 am
- Students Get Acquainted with Their New Teachers/ClassroomsAugust 20, 2019 - 11:33 am
- Board of Education Meeting Scheduled for August 22August 20, 2019 - 10:11 am
- Hawthorn Mall Launches Supplies Drive for Hawthorn StudentsJuly 16, 2019 - 2:22 pm
- Library Remodeling UpdateJune 7, 2019 - 1:35 pm
- Next Board of Education Meeting is June 10, 2019June 7, 2019 - 9:07 am
- Community Invited to Provide Input on Expansion Plans for Hawthorn Middle School North at July 2 Community ForumJune 6, 2019 - 10:15 am