Save the date for the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation’s first fundraising event.
FACES (Family and Community Engagement for Students) is an initiative supporting Hawthorn District 73’s Strategic Plan. This video highlights multiple volunteer opportunities available through this program and the important role volunteers play in the lives of students every day.
Lake County schools, including Hawthorn District 73, collected 36 skids of supplies for families affected by Hurricane Harvey in the Houston Independent School District. The supplies included water, food, school supplies, and clothing. The trucking company CDN Logistics, Inc. will pick up the items later this week and ship them to Houston.
During the June 10 meeting of the Hawthorn Board of Education, PTO representatives presented the district with a check for $80,000! Of this amount, $36,000 has been earmarked for a three-year technology enhancement effort to benefit all of our schools and students. The remaining $44,000 will be distributed to schools based on the number of students in each building.
In addition to the cash disbursement of $80,000, the PTO has provided more than $14,000 for programs and communications services during the school year, and $21,000 in free books and educational materials earned through the Book Fairs. In all, our PTO organization has contributed nearly $115,000 in cash and value to Hawthorn students to be used during the 2013-14 school year.
Thank you to all of the parents and community partners who so generously support PTO fundraising efforts and activities, and to PTO volunteers who make all of this possible. For more information about all that PTO does for our students and schools, please read the Hawthorn PTO Financial Newsletter.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- The 2020 Variety ShowDecember 13, 2019 - 2:41 pm
- Notice To Parents Regarding PowerSchool Parent PortalDecember 13, 2019 - 9:45 am
- Bringing Holiday Cheer to the MallDecember 11, 2019 - 10:41 am
- Cops & Kids Event is a BlastDecember 10, 2019 - 8:55 am
- Parents and Teachers Connect at ConferencesNovember 26, 2019 - 9:13 am
- Carmel Catholic High School Admissions InformationDecember 10, 2019 - 2:02 pm
- Kirk Players Announce Open Auditions for The Jungle BookDecember 9, 2019 - 9:23 am
- Mundelein High School Invites You to a Bilingual Holiday CelebrationDecember 6, 2019 - 2:14 pm
- Good News Club Registration FormDecember 2, 2019 - 11:22 am