Save the date for the Key to 73 Hawthorn Education Foundation’s first fundraising event.
FACES (Family and Community Engagement for Students) is an initiative supporting Hawthorn District 73’s Strategic Plan. This video highlights multiple volunteer opportunities available through this program and the important role volunteers play in the lives of students every day.
Lake County schools, including Hawthorn District 73, collected 36 skids of supplies for families affected by Hurricane Harvey in the Houston Independent School District. The supplies included water, food, school supplies, and clothing. The trucking company CDN Logistics, Inc. will pick up the items later this week and ship them to Houston.
During the June 10 meeting of the Hawthorn Board of Education, PTO representatives presented the district with a check for $80,000! Of this amount, $36,000 has been earmarked for a three-year technology enhancement effort to benefit all of our schools and students. The remaining $44,000 will be distributed to schools based on the number of students in each building.
In addition to the cash disbursement of $80,000, the PTO has provided more than $14,000 for programs and communications services during the school year, and $21,000 in free books and educational materials earned through the Book Fairs. In all, our PTO organization has contributed nearly $115,000 in cash and value to Hawthorn students to be used during the 2013-14 school year.
Thank you to all of the parents and community partners who so generously support PTO fundraising efforts and activities, and to PTO volunteers who make all of this possible. For more information about all that PTO does for our students and schools, please read the Hawthorn PTO Financial Newsletter.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Coronavirus Updates and ResourcesApril 6, 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Foundation Helps Provide Access to Home Learning Resources for All FamiliesApril 6, 2020 - 3:02 pm
- Highlights of the March 12 Board of Education MeetingApril 2, 2020 - 10:49 am
- Board of Education Meeting: April 2, 2020March 31, 2020 - 4:05 pm
- Closed Session by Remote Attendance: March 26, 2020March 24, 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Camp Works With Kids Who Struggle With Social AnxietyMarch 23, 2020 - 2:12 pm
- Family Skate, March 22March 13, 2020 - 9:44 am
- Students & Parents: Join Us for a Special Screening of Screenagers: Next ChapterMarch 3, 2020 - 9:01 am
- Digital Citizenship & Cyber Safety in a Connected WorldFebruary 27, 2020 - 9:27 am