Last weekend, the Hawthorn PTO presented a dazzling Variety Show at Middle School South that included 23 acts. The acts displayed the vibrant talent of Hawthorn students. There were pianists, violinists, dancers, singers and even an orchestra. It was clear that the students put a lot into their performances and their hard work paid off with a great show. Thank you to all the wonderful participants.
During the June 10 meeting of the Hawthorn Board of Education, PTO representatives presented the district with a check for $80,000! Of this amount, $36,000 has been earmarked for a three-year technology enhancement effort to benefit all of our schools and students. The remaining $44,000 will be distributed to schools based on the number of students in each building.
In addition to the cash disbursement of $80,000, the PTO has provided more than $14,000 for programs and communications services during the school year, and $21,000 in free books and educational materials earned through the Book Fairs. In all, our PTO organization has contributed nearly $115,000 in cash and value to Hawthorn students to be used during the 2013-14 school year.
Thank you to all of the parents and community partners who so generously support PTO fundraising efforts and activities, and to PTO volunteers who make all of this possible. For more information about all that PTO does for our students and schools, please read the Hawthorn PTO Financial Newsletter.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
- Resources and UpdatesSeptember 24, 2020 - 10:00 am
- Supply Bag Pick Up Day Goes SmoothlySeptember 23, 2020 - 4:02 pm
- Meal Service UpdateSeptember 23, 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Board of Education Meetings: September 24, 2020September 22, 2020 - 3:40 pm
- Highlights of the September 10, 2020 Board of Education MeetingSeptember 17, 2020 - 2:28 pm
- Stevenson Move-A-Thon: Get Started and Get Moving!September 23, 2020 - 1:12 pm
- Snowmobile Safety CourseSeptember 22, 2020 - 8:27 am
- Fall Offerings at the Center for Gifted/Midwest Torrance Center for CreativitySeptember 18, 2020 - 11:45 am
- Vernon Hills Park District Fall NewsletterSeptember 11, 2020 - 10:34 am